'Exceptional' rating (9.8) from over sixty Booking.Com guests in Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty .
Walkers and Cyclists Welcome.
Deals available for two or more nights - See Tariff above for more information.
- Enjoy a great night's sleep and wake up to a fantastic breakfast in our beautiful old house.
- Grade II listed farmhouse dating back to C14 or C15 located in the heart of this quiet ‘Welsh Marches’ village.
- Accommodation comprises a double bedroom, a sitting room with a day-bed (6ft 4in by 3ft 3in) and a bathroom (bath with overhead electric shower), all in the oldest part of the house separated by a heavy curtain, effectively forming a suite. Very comfortable for one or two adults with potential for two children in the sitting room as there is also a truckle bed under the day-bed.
- Rates: £80 per night for one or two people for the first night. Subsequent nights £60 per night. Additional guests are charged £17.00 per night each. Full English breakfast included in the price. A sample menu is in 'Accommodation' above.
- Owners will try to meet any particular needs such as dietary requirements but they appreciate some notice.
- The extensive pretty gardens are open to guests - photographs below of Tulips on 21st March, Cherry blossom on 19th April and Bluebells on 23rd April.
- Off road parking and lock up storage for bicycles/motorbikes
- Facilities in the village include a railway station (Heart of Wales line), bus service, two public houses (both serving food),. Post Office, grocer, garage and butcher.
- House ideally suited for visiting the many attractive, historic towns, villages and sites in this border region. Ludlow, Hay on Wye, Shrewsbury, Hereford, Knighton, Bishops Castle, Clun and Kington are all easily accessible. Croft Castle (National Trust), Stokesay Castle (English Heritage) and Hergest Croft (RHS Partner) gardens are nearby. Offa’s Dyke also close.
- Great walking - see http://www.bucknellshropshire.com/walking-group/
- Packed lunches £4.50 p.p.. Laundry facilities £2 per cycle.
- Evening meals are not available at Lower House but there are excellent pubs, restaurants and take-aways nearby (please see link in Accommodation above). These include a couple within walking distance.
- Guide dogs are accepted but not pets and there is no smoking on the premises.
- Families with children are very welcome but there are no accessories such as stair gates or cots. Small children will need supervision if they are in the garden because it is not gated.
- Guest Comments . Full English breakfast was excellent - Brian UK, Wonderful breakfast and loved the cake for afternoon tea. Our hosts were very generous - Kerry Australia, Every extra catered for. All home grown food. Lovely location and food - Linda UK, Excellent value for money - we had a small wing - bedroom, bathroom and extra room - pretty garden - Iona UK.